A press brake is a machine tool for bending sheet and plate material, most commonly sheet metal.
It forms predetermined bends by clamping the work piece between a matching punch and die.These machines can bend simple and complex parts, and they are used in a variety of industries ranging from automotive and aircraft to housing and cabinets.Whenever there is a need for bending metal panels, a press brake is essential, which makes them very common in job shops and machine shops.
PRESS BRAKE TYPE
According to the source of bending force,we divide the press brake as following types
Manual press brake
It is the most common type among various press brakes, in china also been called sheet metal manual folding machine.it can be used to shape metal sheets into boxes and pans in various sizes.It has slots on the bottom bed in which the formed flange lies during folding operation process.With this machine you can make “L” profiles or fully wrap around duct-work as per your needs.if the customer choose a cheaper metal sheet bending machine, manual press brake will be a best choice.
For the mechanical press brake, the vertical movement of the ram is driven by a crank mechanism which is powered by the flywheel.
Hydraulic press brake
Hydraulic pressure is applied through one or more cylinders to force the ram of the machine down(on some models of Amada and Adira the hydraulics will force the bed up instead),Due to the hydraulic control of the machine the ram accuracy is more precisely controlled and adjusted for individual bend depths. Hydraulic machines can have one, two or four hydraulic cylinders for operation.it is mainly controlled by simple Numeric Control,The machine function with (left Y1), and (right Y2) downward Y axis press movement.If a job is short, and simple bend without demand for accuracy and speed than an NC press brake would be enough to meet the requirement.
CNC PRESS BRAKE
Electro-hydraulic servo press brake, which is a kind of sheet metal processing equipment with high precision and efficiency.
It consists of:
- machine frame
- ram (slider)
- oil cylinder
- hydraulic proportional servo system
- position detection system
- CNC controller
- electrical control system
CNC press brake realizes bending function by controlling slider stroke and back gauge.When using CNC press brake, you only need to input the number of the pieces which required for bending as well as bending angle for each step, the CNC press brake will finish bending according to the steps you just set the program in the controller.
Advanced CNC press brake mainly adopts hydro-electric servo system and grating ruler toform closed-loop control.Advantages and Performance Features of CNC Press Brakes
With the progress of science and technology, electro-hydraulic servo synchronization,as a result of technology upgrade. It mainly has the following advantages:
- CNC press brake using electro-hydraulic servo system to control the two-cylinder synchronization. With the international standard grating ruler realize the full closed-loop control. It featured high precision synchronization, high bending accuracy, high repeat positioning accuracy.
- Equipped with a hydraulic automatic clamp or fast clamp for the upper die, and socket lower die based on customer’ s requirement to reduce the labor intensity and improve production efficiency.
- The back gauge of CNC press brakes can be extended to six axis. The crowning is automatically adjusted by the controller, which is convenient and accurate.
- Equipped with Germany Bosch- Rexroth valve block, linear motion guide and ball screw manufactured by BLIS, Taiwan HIWIN or other international companies to ensure that the positioning accuracy.
- The separated upper die which is in different lengths can be assembled into a certain width according to the requirements of the work piece in order to meet the special needs of the fabrication.
- Automatic cylinder crowning system overcomes the impact on the work piece quality caused by ram deformation, to ensure the good straightness and bending angle of the final products.